I’m not really a fan of Valentine’s Day. As I’ve said before, I’m not anti-Valentine’s Day; I’m just not pro-Valentine’s Day. I think of it in the same way as Arbor Day — a holiday that exists on the calendar, but I don’t do anything to mark it.
I was watching the twins fill out their valentines for class (“You’re a hoot! Happy Valentine’s Day,” says the owl) and sort of wishing I could sent them out to my friends, too. Until you become cognizant of all the baggage that comes with the holiday, it’s just a fun excuse to give your friends stickers and eat candy.
What would I tell my friends? I looked through my RSS feed and randomly picked 5 people for valentines:
- Lavender Luz: There is no one I want to keep randomly bothering while they’re trying to take notes during a panel more in this world. I love our yin-and-yang; the snark and the sweetness.
- A Half Baked Life: A saviour not just with words but with well-timed car rides for ice cream.
- The Road Less Travelled: You make me think, you make me laugh, and you make me feel less alone. I love hanging out on your blog.
- Earth & Ink: I only found your blog this year, but it speaks volumes about your way with words that I immediately pounce when you have a new post.
- A Little Pregnant: I miss your posts. I’m grateful when a new one goes up (like this week!), and I crack up over your Facebook status updates, but… you know… still.
The 5 of you; consider yourselves tagged.
Because what if everyone set out a box on their desk to collect valentines? How much fun would that be?
So here’s how it works:
- Choose 5 blogs at random.
- Throw up a post with a sentence about what you love about each one.
- Tell those people to consider themselves tagged.
- Come back here and put up a link to your post (a direct link to the post, not the main URL of your blog). Keep checking the blog posts on the list to collect your valentines in case you miss the person’s post. This list closes at 11:59 pm ET on the 14th.
Oh, and feel free to right click and grab the image I made if you want to add it to your own post.
Go spread the love.