IComLeavWe: August 2012
Welcome back to IComLeavWe. It stands for International Comment Leaving Week, but if you say it aloud, doesn’t it sounds like “I come; [but] leave [as a] we”? And that’s sort of the point. Blogging is a conversation and comments should be honoured and encouraged. I like to say that comments are the new hug–a way of saying hello, giving comfort, leaving congratulations.
Here is the vital information, pure and simple (a more detailed set of rules follows below the list):
- The list opens the 1st of every month. It remains open until the 21st. You can add yourself at any point. The list is open to everyone in the blogosphere–blog writers and/or blog readers.
- Add yourself to the list by filling out this form: The August list is now closed (the September list will open 8/28)
- Click here to cut-and-paste this bit of code to add to your sidebar (if you have the old code from another month, remove it and replace it with this one). You need to add the icon or a link to the current list on your blog (see below) and will not be added until it’s up.
- Commenting kicks off every month on the 21st. Please mark it somewhere (calendar, post-it note taped to your computer…), though I will be sending out an email reminder on the 20th. Commenting week runs from the 21st to the 28th. Every day, leave 5 comments and return 1 comment for a total of 6 comments. You are highly encouraged to choose the blogs you comment on from the participants list below, but this is not required.
- I will send a second email on the 28th to remind you to remove the icon from your blog.
- Read below if you want to find out about Iron Commenters.
- The commenting ends on the 28th. We catch our breath and the whole thing starts again the next month on the 1st. Drop in and out according to what is happening in your life between the 21st and the 28th.
- Stirrup Queens (twins, books, writing)
- The 2 Week Wait (infertility newborn humor)
- Our little Family (infertility, adoption)
- Outlandish Notions (parenting, finding myself, recovering after IF)
- The Unfair Struggle (mfi, speedskating, life)
- Our Pathway to Parenthood (FET, infertility, hope)
- Hobbit-ish Thoughts & Ramblings (parenting, food, life)
- Stupid Stork (ivf, infetility, shenanigans)
- It Is What It Is (Or Is It?) (pg w donated embryos, possible IC, pg @ 46)
- My Bum Ovaries (premature ovarian failure)
- Somewhere In The Middle (infertility, DIA, waiting)
- Baking & Babies (infertility, baking, PCOS)
- Not All Dreams Are Free (ivf, miscarriage, hope)
- Breathe Gently (IVF#2, PCOS, Infertility)
- Nest Building 101 (family, DIY, photography)
- Waiting For Baby (TTC #1, femara, PCOS)
- The Diary of a Calendar Brain (australian fertility challenge)
- Life As I Know It (twins, toddler, life)
- Adrift on a Dandelion Breeze (stillbirth, secondary IF, IVF)
- Feeling Beachie (life, humor, husbands and wives)
- Wanting Just One (ivf, infertility, endo)
- Waiting to Expand (ttc #2, infertility, miscarriage)
- Glitter & Rainbows (infertility, life after ART, craftiness)
- Once Upon A BFP (infertility, cycles, life)
- what a day for a daydream (post IVF #1, 2ww)
- A Half Baked Life (food, mindfulness, parenting after loss)
- Follow Every Rainbow (general IF)
- Our New Normal (TTCAL, adoption, life)
- Getting There (adoption, life)
- Ready For My Bundle…. (ivf, single mom by choice, life)
- The Quest for the Golden Egg (infertility, tcm, life)
- Quietly Southern (PCOS, miscarriage, infertility)
- My Life in a Nutshell (pregnancy after loss, anxiously expecting, general life)
- IUI to Roux-en-Y (pregnant after WLS)
- Type A + Infertility = Losing My Mind (infertility, pcos, endo)
- Tried and Trying (ivf, infertility, coping)
- Road2ourbaby (ivf ,mfi, sarcasm)
- The Infertility Voice (first donor egg cycle, IVF, wellness)
- Upper Middle Mom (parenting after IVF, twins, life)
- MRKH Musings (infertile from birth, IVF surrogacy)
- The Elusive Second Line (RPL, miscarriage, TTC #1)
- Emma in Mommyland (motherhood, postpartum depression, random fun)
- Just Cycling Along (TTC #1, ivf, endo)
- Survive and Thrive (baby after infertility)
- A Journey of Emotions (alternative treatments, maybe IVF, life)
- Baby on Mind (infertility, IVF, adoption?)
- Living Our Miracle (embryo adoption, premature ovarian failure, motherhood)
- Creating a Family (infertility, adoption, adoptive parenting)
- BFP Envy (IVF 1, TCC, hopeful)
- Search for our silver lining (unexplained, adoption, change)
- zero guarantees (suro-twins, motherhood, fun)
- Searching for the Missing Piece (domestic adoption, IF veteran, RPL)
- Three Quarters Full (infertility, parenting after IF, life)
- BFP Envy (IVF 1, TTC)
- Holly’s Narrative Dream (secondary infertility, writing, life)
- My Life Is About The Journey (rpl, early pregnancy, anxiety)
- One Day At A Time (adoption, life, school)
- If You Don’t Stand For Something (MFI, geekiness, general life ramblings)
- Conceptionally Challenged (life, “not preventing” break, infertility)
- My BFP Journey Through Faith (ivf, infertility, endo)
- Musings of a Hormonal Egg Basket (parenting after IVF)
- Tales From Our Yellow Brick Road (ivf, pgd, balanced translocation)
- Mommy-At-Last (twins after infertility)
- My IVF Journey (ivf, infertility, ttc)
- The In Between (multiple miscarriages, infertility)
- Infertility Unexplained (miscarriage, IVF, infertility)
- Window into Our World (parenting, infertility, pcos)
- A Blanket 2 Keep (pregnancy after IF, life)
- From Gutter to Stars (therapist, infertility, adoption)
- Hapa Hopes (endo, FET, life)
- It’s My Life (ttc/fertility, dating, career)
- Our W Life (fertility, weight, stress)
- for all the things we hope for (endometriosis, infertility, doula-ing)
- Return To Go (PCOS, RPL, unemployment)
- Our Growing Gardunn (secondary rpl, 4th loss, IUI)
- Journey with Endometriosis (high risk pregnancy, subchorionic hematoma, ivf)
- Closet Infertile (IUI vs IVF, TTC)
- In Due Time (life, infertility, college)
- Daydreamy Mama (kids parenting identity)
- I’m Just Ducky, Thanks (rpl, gestational surrogacy, fear)
- Wistfulgirl’s World (foster care adoption, homestudy, life)
- Things Couldn’t Be Better (donor embryo, chaos, infertility)
- Amanda (infertility, vacant, uterus)
- The August list is now closed (the September list will open 8/28)
Q: What if I miss a day?
A: Catch up the next day by doubling your comments–12 comments instead of 6.
Q: What if I have two blogs? Can I sign up twice, listing both blogs?
A: Yes, but you also need to double your comments. If you have two blogs listed, you should be leaving 12 comments per day.
Q: What is an Iron Commenter?
A: Not for the faint-of-heart. People who wish to be an Iron Commenter and be entered on the Iron Commenter honour roll need to leave a comment on every blog on the participants list (exceptions are blogs that require you to have a special log-in, such as some LiveJournal accounts or other similar situations). You can spread out this commenting any way you wish over the whole week, but the final comment needs to be left by midnight on the 28th (EST). Reaching Iron Commenter status is done on an honour system. Please email me if you earn Iron Commenter status so I can add you to the wall of honour.
Q: Why do I have to add that bit of code to my sidebar?
A: The code is the latest icon (the icon changes colour every month so you know that you’re on the right list). This month, the icon is purple, the next month it will be green, etc. The reason is two-fold: (1) it enables more people to find out about IComLeavWe and (2) it gives you easy access to the current list once the commenting week actually begins and better ensures that you’ll use it. Too many times, people sign up and forget to actually do IComLeavWe and this icon gives you a daily reminder (with the dates on it) every time you open your own blog. The icon is linked back to the current list. On the 28th, remove the icon from your blog. A new one will be created for the next month.
Q: It’s the 23rd and I just saw this for the first time on my friend’s blog! I want to join the list–why can’t I?
A: Because IComLeavWe happens every month, once the list is closed, it’s closed. If you’re finding out about this on the 23rd, you can’t join the current month. But leave yourself a note to check back in a week on the 1st and you can sign up for the next month.
Q: You said the list closes on the 21st. Well, it’s still the 21st where I am. Why aren’t you moving my information onto the list?
A: All dates and times are U.S. Eastern Standard Time (UTC/GMT -5 hours). The list closes around 11 p.m. EST on the 21st.
Q: What if no one comments on my blog and I have no comments to return?
A: Well, that really doesn’t happen for the most part, but in that case, simply choose another blog and add an additional comment. The goal is to hit 6 comments daily as a minimum. Going over that is fantastic and encouraged.
Q: Mel, my question wasn’t covered at all. What do I do?
Looking for the comment section? It has been closed on this post. Use the form in the directions to add yourself to the list.