IComLeavWe: January 2012
Welcome back to IComLeavWe. It stands for International Comment Leaving Week, but if you say it aloud, doesn’t it sounds like “I come; [but] leave [as a] we”? And that’s sort of the point. Blogging is a conversation and comments should be honoured and encouraged. I like to say that comments are the new hug–a way of saying hello, giving comfort, leaving congratulations.
Here is the vital information, pure and simple (a more detailed set of rules follows below the list):
- The list opens the 1st of every month. It remains open until the 21st. You can add yourself at any point. The list is open to everyone in the blogosphere–blog writers and/or blog readers.
- Add yourself to the list by filling out this form: The list is now closed. The February list will open on 2/1/12.
- Click here to cut-and-paste this bit of code to add to your sidebar (if you have the old code from another month, remove it and replace it with this one). You need to add the icon or a link to the current list on your blog (see below) and will not be added until it’s up.
- Commenting kicks off every month on the 21st. Please mark it somewhere (calendar, post-it note taped to your computer…), though I will be sending out an email reminder on the 20th. Commenting week runs from the 21st to the 28th. Every day, leave 5 comments and return 1 comment for a total of 6 comments. You are highly encouraged to choose the blogs you comment on from the participants list below, but this is not required.
- I will send a second email on the 28th to remind you to remove the icon from your blog.
- Read below if you want to find out about Iron Commenters.
- The commenting ends on the 28th. We catch our breath and the whole thing starts again the next month on the 1st. Drop in and out according to what is happening in your life between the 21st and the 28th.
- Stirrup Queens (twins, books, writing)
- Geebaby (life, waiting, early)
- The Unfair Struggle (mfi, speedskating, trying again)
- Waiting for Little Feet (ivf, pcos, life)
- Adventures in Mommyhood: Mommy Outnumbered (mommyhood, crunchy, life)
- Clay Baboons (humour, illustrated stories)
- Donor Diva: Mother via Egg Donation (egg donation, parenting, secondary infertility)
- Invisible Mother (rpl, reproductive immunology, cooking)
- Adventures of Endo in the Arctic (endo, pregnancy, IVF)
- Eggs In A Row (PCOS, TTC, and marriage)
- Unglamorous (ttc #2, finances, family)
- Here We Go Again (parenting, random)
- If You Don’t Stand For Something (MFI, life, waiting)
- Relaxed No More (ttc, infertility, ivf)
- My Life in a Nut Shell (IF, miscarriage, everyday life)
- Unruffled Lanie (ivf, high fsh, life)
- Non Sequitur Chica (infertility, exercise, food)
- My Life with Endo & Infertility (endometriosis, infertility, weightloss)
- MoJo Working (fet, foster/adopt, ttc 10+ years)
- Hoping for a Due Date in Good Time (IVF, pregnancy, endometriosis)
- Created Family (unexplained infertility, miscarriage, social worker)
- Survive and Thrive (pregnant after infertility)
- Feeling Beachie (life, humor, family)
- Our Pathway to Parenthood (infertility, ART, MFI)
- A Blanket 2 Keep (IUI, life, hope)
- It Is What It Is (Or Is It?) (infertility, domestic adoption, completing our family)
- Four of a Kind (parenting, secondary infertility, loss)
- Bend in the Road (life after stillbirth)
- The 2 Week Wait (infertility, pregnancy, humor)
- Tippy & Tidy’s Tumultuous Trip to (Twin) Toddlers (donor eggs, pregnant with twins after infertility)
- Life As I Know It (twins, infant, life)
- TheStorkDiaries (infertility, TTC, humor)
- Journey to the Finish Line (infertility, running, everything)
- Musings of a Hormonal Egg Basket (parenting after infertility)
- My Lady of the Lantern (neonatal loss, grief, new baby-oh my)
- Wistfulgirl’s World (adoption, infertility, random)
- Knocked up by Another Man (DE-IVF, parenting, Alaska)
- How I Spend My Dash (life, parenting after IF, multiples)
- Viva la Vida (infertility, infant loss, hope)
- In Due Time (infertility, miscarriage, college)
- Living Our Life In Cycles (if, ivf #1, hope)
- Life is Simple, It’s Just Not Easy (TTC#1, IVF, post-cancer)
- Infertiles Laughing (humor, indecision, adoption)
- Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying (pcos, iui #1, miscarriage)
- Bring on the Babies… (miscarriage, IVF, pregnancy)
- A Page In My Book (IF grad, family, humor)
- Notes from the Ninth Circle (IVF, insurance, PGD)
- She’s One In Amelian (infertility marriage running)
- A New Song (FET, parenting after infertility, faith)
- Building a Family Through Donor Insemination (donor sperm, IUI, life)
- The Childless Mom (ivf-icsi, fet, humor)
- Not a Fertile Myrtle (male factor, IUI, IF at 40)
- Metholic (bfp, ttc, fostering)
- Between the Paper Sheets (miscarraige, ttc, marriage)
- Creating a Family (infertility, adoption, parenting)
- The Elusive Second Line (TTC #1, PCOS, on a forced break)
- Beyond The Wallpaper (infertility, translocation, ttc)
- Buck Up, Buttercup (pregnancy after loss, creativity, transitions)
- Are You Listening (TTC#2, multiple miscarriages, toddler parenting)
- MISSION: Fertile Seoul (infertility, international adoption, happiness)
- Hope is a Four Letter Word (ttc #1, ivf#2, dor/pof)
- Being Joyful Always (infertility, failed adoption, weight loss)
- The Cornfed Feminist (pcos, irony, oversharing)
- Hope Delayed (infertility, ivf, loss)
- Our Adventure Through Infertility (life, infertility, health)
- Dragondreamer’s Lair (parenting, secondary infertility, crafts)
- One Day at a Time (IUI, fertility, waiting)
- This Blondie Wants Babies (ivf, miscarriage, life)
- Alphabet Salad (writing, life, reflections)
- These Rotten Eggs (ivf infertility treatment)
- Lil Family Blog (motherhood, lesbian, adoption)
- Detour (miscarriage, endo, septum)
- BattleFish (early pregnancy after IVF, first child, life)
- MissConception (TTC #1, twin loss, PCOS)
- Believing in June (IUI, ttc #2, infertility)
- Cinderella Wore Glass Slippers (infertility, international adoption, waiting)
- Bohemian Transplant (pregnancy after infertility)
- With Just a Little Help (infertility, ivf + icsi, ramblings)
- Taking the Long Way (signing off)
- Bloggers for Hope (male factor, parenting after IF, donor sperm)
- Stinky’s Momma (mother to 4 month old)
- Mommy Summers (mom after pcos)
- Writing For Life (pregnant after IF, life in uk)
- Barrenness in a Fertile Land (pcos, life, ttc)
- Great Expectations (TTC #1, PCOS, IUI #3)
- A Life Improbable (relationships, food, events)
- Hapa Hopes (infertility, treatment, intercultural)
- The Journey through Life (TTC#2, life, IUI)
- Infertility Unexplained (waiting to miscarry, ivf, fet)
- Whitney & Erick (surrogacy, adoption, RPL)
- When ‘We’ Becomes 3 (ttc, reviews, IF)
- For All the Things We Hope For (unexplained infertility, nursing school, couchto5k)
- Getting It Sorted: life after loss and the steps to remain sane (stillbirth pregnancy health)
- We’re Making a Baby (twins x2, preemies, moving)
- The Kay Khronicles (life, food, infertility)
- Family Life (family, humor, budget)
- Mira’s Mama (new baby, balance, family)
- Lori Does Maryland (baby-after-loss, current IVF)
- Cablearms (art, life, infertility)
- Life with Endo and PCOS (daily life treatment free)
- I’m Just Ducky, Thanks (surrogacy, adoption, feelings)
- The In Between (miscarriage, ttc, infertility)
- No Baby Ruth (parenting, PCOS, Spain)
- Where Do We Go From Here? (depression, life, infertility )
- A Miracle in the Works (pregnancy after loss, unexplained IF)
- GoTeamBaby (IVF, myomectomy, Hope)
- Bio Girl (parenting, infertility, endometriosis)
- Adventures of a Nomadic Housewife (TTC#2, weightloss, PCOS)
- Carneyexploits (IVF, crafting, home improvement)
- my dusty uterus (first baby, humor)
- Birdie’s Family Journey (life, infertility, family)
- The list is now closed. The February list will open on 2/1/12.
Q: What if I miss a day?
A: Catch up the next day by doubling your comments–12 comments instead of 6.
Q: What if I have two blogs? Can I sign up twice, listing both blogs?
A: Yes, but you also need to double your comments. If you have two blogs listed, you should be leaving 12 comments per day.
Q: What is an Iron Commenter?
A: Not for the faint-of-heart. People who wish to be an Iron Commenter and be entered on the Iron Commenter honour roll need to leave a comment on every blog on the participants list (exceptions are blogs that require you to have a special log-in, such as some LiveJournal accounts or other similar situations). You can spread out this commenting any way you wish over the whole week, but the final comment needs to be left by midnight on the 28th (EST). Reaching Iron Commenter status is done on an honour system. Please email me if you earn Iron Commenter status so I can add you to the wall of honour.
Q: Why do I have to add that bit of code to my sidebar?
A: The code is the latest icon (the icon changes colour every month so you know that you’re on the right list). This month, the icon is silvery-blue, the next month it will be green, etc. The reason is two-fold: (1) it enables more people to find out about IComLeavWe and (2) it gives you easy access to the current list once the commenting week actually begins and better ensures that you’ll use it. Too many times, people sign up and forget to actually do IComLeavWe and this icon gives you a daily reminder (with the dates on it) every time you open your own blog. The icon is linked back to the current list. On the 28th, remove the icon from your blog. A new one will be created for the next month.
Q: It’s the 23rd and I just saw this for the first time on my friend’s blog! I want to join the list–why can’t I?
A: Because IComLeavWe happens every month, once the list is closed, it’s closed. If you’re finding out about this on the 23rd, you can’t join the current month. But leave yourself a note to check back in a week on the 1st and you can sign up for the next month.
Q: You said the list closes on the 21st. Well, it’s still the 21st where I am. Why aren’t you moving my information onto the list?
A: All dates and times are U.S. Eastern Standard Time (UTC/GMT -5 hours). The list closes around 11 p.m. EST on the 21st.
Q: What if no one comments on my blog and I have no comments to return?
A: Well, that really doesn’t happen for the most part, but in that case, simply choose another blog and add an additional comment. The goal is to hit 6 comments daily as a minimum. Going over that is fantastic and encouraged.
Q: Mel, my question wasn’t covered at all. What do I do?
Looking for the comment section? It has been closed on this post. Use the form in the directions to add yourself to the list.