IComLeavWe: May 2010
Welcome back to IComLeavWe. It stands for International Comment Leaving Week, but if you say it aloud, doesn’t it sounds like “I come; [but] leave [as a] we”? And that’s sort of the point. Blogging is a conversation and comments should be honoured and encouraged. I like to say that comments are the new hug–a way of saying hello, giving comfort, leaving congratulations.
Here is the vital information, pure and simple (a more detailed set of rules follows below the list):
- The list opens the 1st of every month. It remains open until the 21st. You can add yourself at any point. The list is open to everyone in the blogosphere–blog writers and/or blog readers.
- Add yourself to the list by filling out this form: The May list is now closed. The June list will open around 5/31.
- Click here to cut-and-paste this bit of code to add to your sidebar (if you have the old code from another month, remove it and replace it with this one). You need to add the icon or a link to the current list on your blog (see below) and will not be added until it’s up.
- Commenting kicks off every month on the 21st. Please mark it somewhere (calendar, post-it note taped to your computer…), though I will be sending out an email reminder on the 20th. Commenting week runs from the 21st to the 28th. Every day, leave 5 comments and return 1 comment for a total of 6 comments. You are highly encouraged to choose the blogs you comment on from the participants list below, but this is not required.
- I will send a second email on the 28th to remind you to remove the icon from your blog.
- Read below if you want to find out about Iron Commenters.
- The commenting ends on the 28th. We catch our breath and the whole thing starts again the next month on the 1st. Drop in and out according to what is happening in your life between the 21st and the 28th.
- Stirrup Queens (twins, books, writing)
- Among the Blossoms (infertility, ttc, life)
- His & Her Infertility (Just Like The Matching Towels) (PCOS, azoospermia, adoption)
- The Chapman Nest (IF, IUI, life)
- Our Incredible Journey (adoption, special needs)
- A + B, Waiting for C (iui, injectibles, distractions)
- Dreaming of Quiet Places (emotional abuse recovery, ponderings, my cute dog)
- Aevorea’s Blogosphere of Medical Maladies (pcos, endo, infertile)
- Trying for a Baby (endometriosis, infertility, IVF)
- Naturally Knocked Up (PCOS, nutrition, fertility)
- ErnieGirl (pregnant, infertile, birthmother)
- Peace B.E.G.A.N (loss, faith, stillbirth)
- A Long And Winding Road (faith, infertility, hobbies)
- Adventures in Infertility Land (IVF, pregnancy loss, infertility)
- Pre-heated oven…but no bun in sight (ttc, femara, life)
- The Unfair Struggle (mfi, turning 30, the list)
- Chasing the Elite Club of Mommyhood (single, IUI, choices)
- Mommy in Training (TTC, life, love)
- The Infertile World According to Me (PCOS, male infertility, life in general)
- Journeys Over The Rainbow (endometriosis, hysterectomy, life)
- Weebles Wobblog (open adoption, mindfulness, perfect moments)
- Can I Get Some Sugar with These Lemons? (Korean adoption, endo, infertility)
- Donor Eggs Journey (pregnancy, unicornuate uterus)
- Just Two Lines Away (hoping, wanting, wishing)
- Dragondreamer’s Lair (parenting, secondary infertility, crafts)
- The Bushey Life (ttc, life, infertility)
- Erika (PCOS, endo, job searching)
- Monkey Dumplings (parenting, adoption, travel)
- Spermination Station (infertility, coping, random thoughts)
- Heeeeere Storkey, Storkey! (twins, life, ttc #3)
- Knock Me Up, Doc (infertility, IVF prep)
- Wishing4One (IVF, pregnancy, Egypt)
- Find ME after IF (ttc, infertility, weight loss)
- In The Middle With You (infertility, loss, random thoughts)
- Half as Many Chances (hypothalamic amenorrhea, faith, life)
- Wistfulgirl’s World (ttc, pcos, life)
- Baby On Mind (IVF, ttc#1, unexplained)
- Grasping at Santity (miscarriage, infertility, adoption)
- Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed (infertility, advocacy, adoption)
- The Gal Who Wants to be Anywhere But Where She Is (life after ttc)
- Holymoly Toledo(s)! (twins after IF, photography, random)
- Parenthood for Me (infertility adoption coping)
- IF Crossroads (pregnancy, IVF, life)
- PandaBox33’s Blog (love, life, gratefulness)
- Journey Through Infertility and TTC (pregnancy after IF, family, life)
- Letters to My Unborn Daughter (pregnancy after IF, love, children)
- The Fertilely-Challenged Black Sheep (infertility, ttc, treatment)
- Are We There Yet (IVF overseas, fibroid removal recovery, getting back in shape)
- Our Journey, But Not Our Plan… (FET, adoption, summer)
- Keeping my eyes on Jesus (pregnancy, IVF, faith)
- Ambivalent Womb (ivf, mfi, hope)
- Baby Dreams (ttc #2 with pcos, miscarriage, life)
- Adventures in Baby Waiting (pcos, ivf, fun)
- A Series of Firsts (life, infertility, ramblings)
- Waiting for a baby bump (ivf, infertility, ttc)
- Strange Girl, Strange World (kids, life, preemies)
- My Infertility Woes (ttc, IUI, life)
- We Got Hitched. We Bought the 4 Bedroom House. Now What??? (twin pregnancy, life)
- Salvageable (ttc, marriage, work)
- Mommy In Waiting (MFI, hope, TTC)
- from IF to when (endo, MFI, IUI)
- The Mis- Adventures of a Modern Day Farmer’s Wife (infertility on a farm)
- Infertility And Me (male factor infertility)
- My Accidently on Purpose (PCOS, TTC, life)
- The Subfertile Frugalista (pg after loss, 2nd tri, shopaholic)
- The Royal Report (infertility, life, thoughts)
- For the Love of Shoes and a Baby, too (IVF/ICSI, fertility, life)
- The Elusive Embryo (stress marriage infertility)
- Find Joy Now (life, infertility, joy)
- Inconceivable! (infertility, family, struggles)
- Hope Springs Eternal (MFI, endo, food)
- Misconceptions About Conception (primary infertility, feelings)
- The Adventures of a New Mom (baby fun, recipes, TTC)
- The Road Less Traveled (ivf/icsi, pregnancy, books)
- Learning through the IF Journey (faith, pregnancy, pcos)
- My Stories (unexplained infertility, IVF, life)
- Your Great Life (fertility, women, choices)
- Winning Baby (PCOS, loss, IF)
- I Am Woman….. Right? (infertility, POF, coping?)
- A Woman My Age (adoption, infertility, parenting after 40)
- Believing in June (infertility, weight loss, marriage)
- Baby Roulette (baby, pregnancy, thoughts)
- One More Time, With Feeling (infertility, male factor, donor sperm)
- That’s My Answer (question of the day, fun, life)
- Outside My Head (yoga, marathon, parenting)
- The Unicorn and I (unicornuate uterus)
- Creating a Family (infertility, adoption, adoptive parenting)
- Busted Plumbing: When Mother Nature Kicks You Right In The Ovaries (a little pregnant after loss, awesomeness)
- The Birds and the Bees (ivf, infertility, unexplained)
- Infertile Follies (infertility, IVF, ectopic pregnancy)
- ivfs, loss, infertility (ivf, loss, infertility)
- barren, traditional surrogacy, 40+ (barren, traditional surrogacy, 40+)
- Rage Against the Minivan (adoption parenting, haiti)
- Marla’z Austin Chronicles (unexplained if, life)
- Big Belly or Bust (pregnancy, love, life)
- Hopes and Dreams for Us (childfree living, love dare, clean eating)
- StudentRNTiffany (bedrest, loss, life)
- On Tap for Today (life, humor, Boston)
- Eating Myself To Pregnant (infertility, eating, moving)
- My Room To Think (life, faith, silly things)
- A little blog about the big infertility (IVF #3, loss, infertility)
- Life With Endo (endometriosis, pain, faith)
- Sparkly Things Distract Me (over 40, donor embie, life)
- Wombded (infertility, pregnancy, parenting)
- My Lovely Lady Bump (ttc, charting, life)
- Shirley…goodness and mercy (testing, recurrent pregnancy loss, insulin resistance)
- The (In)fertility Diaries (ttc, exploring options, abnormal chromosomes)
- Al/Right Already (IUI, meds, TCM)
- The Infertility Overachievers (son, infertility, army)
- The Infertility Doula (infertility, news, advice)
- Unwavering Hope (IVF, MFI, hopeful)
- Please Let This Be It (pregnancy after IVF)
- Expecting the Unexpected – IVF/Preemie/Toddler (toddler, life, weight loss)
- Jennifer in MamaLand (Judaism, food, life)
- Journey to the End of the Rainbow (acupuncture, IVF, infertility)
- Sister Village (life, family, community)
- Oven Seeking Bun (pcos, ttc#1, musician)
- Junebug’s Musings (IF, PCOS, depression)
- No Suzy Homemaker (IVF, babyloss, life)
- In Pursuit of Parenthood (iui, unexplained infertility, faith)
- Communique (life, infertility, ivf)
- Overcoming Obstickles (acupuncture, clomid, geek)
- Circus Children (infertility, psychology, happiness ability)
- A Virtual Hobby Store and Coffee Shop (news, music, food)
- Unwavering Hope (MFI, IVF, hope)
- The Conceivable Future (RPL, infertility, IVF)
- A Greater Yes (embryo adoption, pregnancy, faith)
- Waiting for our Miracle (infertilty, IUI, injectables)
- A Little Bit of Life (ttc, infertility, marriage)
- 2nd Embryo Adoption (embryo adoption, infant loss, FET)
- The Barreness’s Blog (parenting after infertility)
- Infertili- T and A (fostering, IVF, sass)
- CD1 Again (infertility, clomid, RE)
- The Sun’ll Come Out Tomorrow (I Hope) (recurrent pregnancy loss, marriage, hope)
- Mama Bear (adoptive parent, domestic adoption)
- Pieces of the Puzzle (unexplained infertility, creativity)
- The Egg Drop Post (infertility, adoption, life)
- Pinkadots (infertility, embryo adoption, faith)
- The Long Journey (pregnancy, parenting, life)
- Musings of a Hormonal Egg Basket (IVF, support, stress)
- The Road Worth Traveling (pregnancy, fitness, life)
- Babymaking 101 (pregnancy after loss)
- Lifeslurper (infertility, donor eggs, over 40)
- Alex’s Adventures (early pregnancy, infertility)
- I Will Be A Mom … Someday (infertility, endo, hope)
- The Buonanno Family (kids, family, chaos)
- Are You Listening? (mommyhood, life, humor)
- A Half Baked Life (secondary infertility, cooking, yoga)
- My Elusive Baby (pregnancy after loss, twins, uncertainty)
- Getting There (adoption, homestudy, life)
- Being Jamie Lynn (infertility, photography, randomness)
- My scarlet baby (infertility, life)
- Wanna Be Momma (infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, ivf)
- Pollination Chronicles (ectopic loss, IVF abroad, MFI?)
- Weber’s in Action (IUI, 2WW, MFI, family)
- Emi is Insane, but not yet Committed (infertility, ttc, research)
- From Seoul, With Love (adoption, south korea, parenthood)
- InDueTime (life, infertility, pcos)
- Not a Fertile Myrtle (male factore, life, diui)
- Body Diaries by Lucy (pregnancy, pcos, if)
- What Would Jen Do (dogs, life, love)
- Surprised By Hope (open transracial adoption, adoptive parenting, infertility)
- Barrenista (infertility, adoption, cupcakes)
- Tales from the Rat Race (ivf, life, infertility)
- Trying To Figure It Out (friendship, life, marriage)
- In Ancient Starlight (parenting after if, adoption, ttc #2)
- The May list is now closed. The June list will open around 5/31.
Q: What if I miss a day?
A: Catch up the next day by doubling your comments–12 comments instead of 6.
Q: What if I have two blogs? Can I sign up twice, listing both blogs?
A: Yes, but you also need to double your comments. If you have two blogs listed, you should be leaving 12 comments per day.
Q: What is an Iron Commenter?
A: Not for the faint-of-heart. People who wish to be an Iron Commenter and be entered on the Iron Commenter honour roll need to leave a comment on every blog on the participants list (exceptions are blogs that require you to have a special log-in, such as some LiveJournal accounts or other similar situations). You can spread out this commenting any way you wish over the whole week, but the final comment needs to be left by midnight on the 28th (EST). Reaching Iron Commenter status is done on an honour system. Please email me if you earn Iron Commenter status so I can add you to the wall of honour.
Q: Why do I have to add that bit of code to my sidebar?
A: The code is the latest icon (the icon changes colour every month so you know that you’re on the right list). This month, the icon is yellow, the next month it will be green, etc. The reason is two-fold: (1) it enables more people to find out about IComLeavWe and (2) it gives you easy access to the current list once the commenting week actually begins and better ensures that you’ll use it. Too many times, people sign up and forget to actually do IComLeavWe and this icon gives you a daily reminder (with the dates on it) every time you open your own blog. The icon is linked back to the current list. On the 28th, remove the icon from your blog. A new one will be created for the next month.
Q: It’s the 23rd and I just saw this for the first time on my friend’s blog! I want to join the list–why can’t I?
A: Because IComLeavWe happens every month, once the list is closed, it’s closed. If you’re finding out about this on the 23rd, you can’t join the current month. But leave yourself a note to check back in a week on the 1st and you can sign up for the next month.
Q: You said the list closes on the 21st. Well, it’s still the 21st where I am. Why aren’t you moving my information onto the list?
A: All dates and times are U.S. Eastern Standard Time (UTC/GMT -5 hours). The list closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on the 21st.
Q: What if no one comments on my blog and I have no comments to return?
A: Well, that really doesn’t happen for the most part, but in that case, simply choose another blog and add an additional comment. The goal is to hit 6 comments daily as a minimum. Going over that is fantastic and encouraged.
Q: Mel, my question wasn’t covered at all. What do I do?
A: Email me; I’m quite friendly. It helps to place “IComLeavWe” in the subject line. You could also check this post which contains the history of IComLeavWe and see if you can glean anything there.
Looking for the comment section? It has been closed on this post. Use the form in the directions to add yourself to the list.