The 79th Circle Time: The Show and Tell Weekly Thread (yes, it was my anniversary edition)
Show and Tell is wasted on elementary schoolers. Join several dozen bloggers weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class. In other words, this is Show and Tell 2.0. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you have never posted before and just found out about Show and Tell for the first time today. So yank out a photo of the worst bridesmaid’s dress you ever wore and tell us the story; show off the homemade soup you cooked last night; or tell us all about the scarf you made for your first knitting project. Details on how to participate are located at the bottom of this post.
I got really confused with the term “seven year itch” in regards to marriage. Does it refer to that period of time leading up to the 7th year, or is it the entire 7th year until the 8th anniversary? Being the anal person I am, I really wanted to know when I was supposed to grow bored with Josh.
Because I haven’t.
And I’m excited to say that we have made it through the seventh year of marriage unscathed, celebrated our 8th anniversary, and are still massively in love–the sort of love that makes one vomit a bit in their mouth when they hear about it because it’s the sort of love that beckons unicorns forward and makes rainbows shoot across the room.
You know, that sort of love.
For our anniversary, Josh bought me a pair of ballet shoes. Not pointe shoes, because that would be unethical, but a lovely pair of black slippers. And by “bought” I mean that he gave me the head nod when I told him that I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeded them.
Happy anniversary, Josh, and thank you for eight wonderful years of marriage. And the ballet shoes.
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (Important: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog’s name, not your name. Links not going to a Show and Tell post will be deleted). The list is open from now until late Friday night and a new one is posted every week.
|1. In Due Time
2. Quiet Dreams
3. Weebles Wobblog
4. Slaying, Blogging, Whatever…
5. Dragondreamer’s Lair
6. Wistfulgirl’s World
7. Hobbit- ish Thoughts & Ramblings
8. Are You Kidding Me?
|10. Circus Children
11. Life Happens When You’re Making Other Plans
12. Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo
13. Pundelina Kafoops
14. Once A Mother
15. In One Ear
16. Sassy IF Lady
18. Yes, we’re one of those couples
|19. I Never Thought it Made Sense Anyway
20. Dora – My Preconceived Notion
22. Bionic Mamas
23. Just Add Eggs
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Wednesday night (or any time between Wednesday morning and Friday night), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything–a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn’t need to contain a picture if you can’t get a picture–you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Wednesday night and closes on Friday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post “Show and Tell” each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog’s main url–use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good “ooooh” and “aaaah” and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it’s missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.