The 77th Circle Time: The Show and Tell Weekly Thread
Show and Tell is wasted on elementary schoolers. Join several dozen bloggers weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class. In other words, this is Show and Tell 2.0. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you have never posted before and just found out about Show and Tell for the first time today. So yank out a photo of the worst bridesmaid’s dress you ever wore and tell us the story; show off the homemade soup you cooked last night; or tell us all about the scarf you made for your first knitting project. Details on how to participate are located at the bottom of this post.
A few days before Halloween, the twins and I decorated a pumpkin we named Gordo the Quintops, mostly (but not entirely) because Gordo has five eyes.
He was lovingly covered in letter stickers and feathers and sequins, with a few random shells from the ocean last summer. Gordo was not placed outside because pumpkins covered in sequins are not fond of the rain. Instead, he resides in our front hallway so that he is the first thing you see when you step inside the house.
My heart wasn’t into Halloween this year, but we took the twins around to a few houses for trick-or-treating. Before we left the house, they were concerned because I wasn’t wearing a costume so I quickly made a third eye for myself and slapped it on my forehead and went as a triops.
What is a triops, you ask? It is a prehistoric shrimp with three eyes. The ChickieNob drew this lovely drawing of a triops for you so you could get a sense of its greatness. Please ignore the fact that the ChickieNob’s triops looks like an alien and not like a miniature horseshoe crab as it states on the Wikipedia page.
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (Important: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog’s name, not your name. Links not going to a Show and Tell post will be deleted). The list is open from now until late Friday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Wednesday night (or any time between Wednesday morning and Friday night), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything–a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn’t need to contain a picture if you can’t get a picture–you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Wednesday night and closes on Friday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post “Show and Tell” each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog’s main url–use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good “ooooh” and “aaaah” and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it’s missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.