The Stirrup Queen Ballroom
Welcome to the portal to the Stirrup Queen Ballroom, a site of bulletin boards and discussion groups. Before you click over to this Facebook-like page for the ALI (adoption/loss/infertility) community, please read these basic guidelines:
This forum is open to everyone in the ALI community–from the newly-diagnosed to those parenting after IF to those living child-free.
- You will need to sign-up in order to join. Everyone (with the exception of spammers) will be approved within 24 hours.
- If I don’t recognize your email address, I will send you a note asking for either your blog name or a few blogs you read. Truly, not trying to keep anyone out except spammers…
- Once you’ve joined, you can begin personalizing your page (as you would with Facebook) or jumping into the main features including the bulletin boards and discussion groups. Please choose a profile picture that does not contain a picture of a baby or pregnant belly. The only place where baby/pregnancy pictures will appear on the site are in the designated photo areas.
- Access to the discussion groups is moderated as well. Again, access will be given within 24 hours by the group administrators.
- There are no rules about posting except to be thoughtful in your words: those spewing hate or offensive remarks at members will be removed. You may post about a personal business or fundraising effort (for a third-party organization) you’re doing if you are an active participant on the boards, though personal fund solicitations, medication solicitations, or medication offers will be removed and members banned after a warning. Think about it this way, if it wouldn’t get into LFCA, it isn’t appropriate on the forums.
- These forums stand in place of the LFCA on the weekend when the LFCA is not traditionally posted or on days when I cannot post the LFCA. Therefore, please use the specific open thread to post news, ask questions, and gather support.
- If you like the little pomegranate badge, you can get the code to cut-and-paste into your blog right here.